Are you a wine lover? Matakana is Yours
Exotic islands, lush forests, amazing hotels, stunning beaches and coastal reserves – all these features shape the natural landscape of Matakana. But nothing describes this beautiful place like the several boutique vineyards, which makes it the home to irresistible wine. Matakana is located in a very small town in Rodney district in New Zealand. For you to enjoy the real classic experience of this place, then a wine tour Matakana operators conduct is the ultimate way to start.
Apart from tasting the wine, there are a lot of benefits that come from aMatakana wine tour. First and foremost, wine tours are very educational. Besides enjoying a glass of wine, most vineyards offer tours to their visitors and a walk in the rows of season’s harvest. This always depends on what time of the year you visit the vineyards. You may even be invited to pluck a few grapes if it is the harvest season.
One can choose the period for which they want the wine tours to last. Above all, one can choose the mode of transportation throughout their tours. One can use motorbikes, limos, cars, kayaks and even bikes. Apart from this, one can participate in other activities such as golfing, dining, attending cooking classes between tours.
Renowned for its beautiful vineyards, if you’ve never been to a wine tour in Matakana, then this is your chance. It is just located forty-five minutes north Auckland, an escape into the country side, and is a place to relax and rejuvenate.
During your visit, don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity. Here are some of the top vineyards that every visitor should stop by to enjoy the best wine tour Matakana offers.
- Ascension wine estate – this is just 40 minutes from North Auckland, one can easily have a taste of Tuscany. It prides itself in providing outstanding services, food and wine tour the European way. It is the perfect place to sit, relax and enjoy as you sip on handcrafted wine.
- Herons flight – This is a family-owned vineyard overlooking the famous Matakana valley. They have specialized in wine making since 1993, with numerous Italian wine varieties like Dolcetto and Sangiovese.
- Omaha bay vineyard – Located one hour from Auckland City in the Matakana region, the Omaha bay Vineyard is a boutique vineyard. They are fourth-generation wine growers, with quality and premium produced wine. The wine testing room is open from Wednesday to Sunday to enjoy the exclusive wine tour Matakana offers.
- Ti Point vineyard – The peninsula land extending to the Matakana coast, this paradise is home to some of the best wines in New Zealand. They have well-crafted wine with multiple layers, respecting the site of the vineyard.
- Brick bay wines – A blend of art and wine, this is a place to relax and enjoy yourself. They have a wide array of handcrafted wines, which include delicious rose, pinot Gris, Bordeaux, premium red wine, pharaohs; the list is endless.
Apart from these classy wines, one can also book a cheap Matakana wine tour, with a pocket friendly price. There is a place for all wine lovers in Matakana. You can also try visiting their website at http://www.winetastingauckland.co.nz/food-and-wine-tour-auckland-kumeu-matakana-waiheke/.